I’ve been a Todoist user on and off for years now and I’m also part of the affiliate program but I’ve been trying other apps lately. I’ve tried Reminders, Things and Omnifocus.
In the end though whilst I do have my problems with Todoist I keep coming back.
Here’s some of what I do like
- Sync is rock solid
- Repeating reminders are easy to implement with natural language parsing and they are easy to see
- The app doesn’t clutter itself with things like timers or habits
- The Home Screen widget is reliable at updating when the app is updated
- It adheres to the accessibility settings of my device
- It’s a dedicated team. With something like Reminders I feel that if I have bugs I’ll never have them resolved and the app will stagnate for years now it’s had a bit of an overhaul. Apple don’t have a dedicated Reminders development team to keep it up to date and move it forward
Here’s what I don’t like
- Cannot set the theme of the widget independently of the app. I like a light mode in the app but want a dark mode on the widget
- I’d like to see Calendar integration into the today and upcoming views like Things 3 does
- Creating sub projects is still a little fiddly
So with any to do app you pick the one that annoys you the least, for me it’s Todoist right now. What are you using?