Switching back to the MAC also had me thinking about the core apps I’m using to manage my day, I’ve now settled into a little routine using Apple Reminders. The iCloud sync seems solid now and using across iOS and macOS I’m starting to find the benefits of using Apple’s own apps. I keep it fairly simple in terms of creating lists and haven’t overwhelmed myself by dumping everything into it.
- INBOX, everything goes in here to start with if it’s an idea when I’m out or if it doesn’t belong to a list it also goes here
- HOME, anything related to home (like putting out the bins) goes in here
- WELLBEING, anything health related goes in here
- FINANCES, money stuff goes in here
- CREATIVE (as a group)
- Podcast, anything related to podcasting
- Writing, anything related to blog post ideas or admin on the site
- Ambient Album, a little project to get me back into writing music
- Travel, anything holiday related
I then have the widget on iOS Today view to show me what’s due, I don’t bother with this on my MAC.
Keeping it simple has really helped me just focus on a few things and not be overwhelmed by a complicated TO DO app.