I’m not going into details on this one yet but I needed to remotely wipe my beloved iPad Pro 10.5″ today. I couldn’t use any buttons, the screen or the power cable but needed to remove my account and erase.
If you are in the same position there is only one way to do this, note that your iPad needs to have some power left in it for this to work and still have a working and connected network connection.
- Head over to iCloud.com
- Log in and click on Find iPhone
- In the middle of the screen you should see a drop down for DEVICES
- Click on the device you want to erase
- Click on ERASE IPAD
- You’ll be asked for log in details etc and have the option to put a message on the screen
- I also removed from my account as I won’t be using it anymore 😦
Good luck and may the force be with you.