I’ve had about 2 hours with the Sphero R2-D2 so wanted to share a few of my thoughts on using it so far. (For context I already own the Sphero BB-8 and am using on iOS).
- The box is beautifully made and the unboxing experience is a step up from BB-8
- Couldn’t see any instructions in my box
- Comes with micro USB to charge
- Has a charge indicator on the droid, this is great
- Having sounds coming from Artoo is great, BB-8 doesn’t
- On board LED lights are great and he looks just like the movies
- Easier to control than BB-8
- More predefined actions at the tap of a single button
In short, I love this new Sphero. It’s a must for any Star Wars fan if you can get it under £100.